Baked Ling, Cannellini Beans, Kale, Spicy Chorizo Sauce
500g Ling fillets (skin off) OR any firm white fish will work
100g Chorizo (diced)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 Medium Brown Onion (diced)
2 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
½ Bunch Kale (finely chopped)
1 Lemon (zest and juice)
½ tsp Ground Cumin
¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tin Cannellini Beans
1 tin Crushed Tomato
150ml Chicken Stock OR water is ok too
1 tbsp Parsley (roughly chopped)
Salt & Pepper
This is a great one pan wonder. Simple, flavourful, and heathy; perfect for a quick family meal.
1. Pre heat oven to 180℃ fan bake
2. Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, onion, and chorizo. Sautee for 5 minutes, add in garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes until golden brown. Add the cumin, paprika, and lemon zest and continue to toast the mixture for a further 30 seconds.
3. Add in the crushed tomatoes and 150ml of chicken stock (or water), season generously with salt and pepper, turn the heat to low and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
4. Under cold water drain and rinse the tin of cannellini beans. Once drained add to the to the pan along with the kale and stir well stir well. Taste to check seasoning and adjust if necessary.
5. Cut the Ling into 4 pieces, season with salt and place the fish on top of the saucy mixture and bake in the oven at 180℃ for 10-12 minutes.
6. Remove from oven finish with the chopped parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Serve and enjoy :)